BBQ off the Bypass returns for 10th annual competition this fall
NOTE TO MEDIA: Angie Quaale, BBQ champion and host of BOTB, is available for interview and on-air BBQ demos. Please contact Amy Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-998-0036.
[Langley, BC] Get your tongs, skewers, and smoker racks ready as the 10th annual Well Seasoned BBQ Off the Bypass returns Sunday, September 13 from 10am to 4pm in the Well Seasoned parking lot at #117-20353-64 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia. The event is FREE to the public with live music, unique displays, tasty vendors and delicious BBQ samples.
Every year, the event attracts the best of the best competitive BBQ teams from throughout the Pacific North West for a sizzling competition. This battle of the BBQ includes five categories: chicken, brisket, ribs, pork butt and an open choice. For fun, there will be an additional “Blackbox” category for teams to showcase their creativity and BBQ ability. Teams with the most accumulated points across all categories is crowned the ultimate BBQ champion and wins their share of the largest yet, cash prize of $10,000. Registration still open for interested available online.
BBQ Off the Bypass is also host to the 6th Annual Great BC Bake Off, an amateur pie competition with three categories: fruit pie, open choice, and the classic Canadian butter tart. Home cooks and bakers may register online for all categories, or one.
Angie Quaale, owner of the celebrated Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store, first introduced BBQ On the Bypass in 2005 as a way to unite grilling enthusiasts to join the quest for ultimate barbecue. Dedicated and creative teams from across North America gather annually in Langley, BC to compete for the best smoking good meat. Since 2008, winning teams have qualified to compete in international renowned BBQ competitions including the Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational and the American Royal in Kansas City.
At a Glance
- 10th Annual BBQ off the Bypass
- September 13th, 2015 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- #117-20353-64 Avenue, Langley, British Columbia.
- Please contact Amy Chen for photo and interview opportunities.
- Angie Quaale, BBQ champion and host of BBQ Off the Bypass.
- Chef Dez, BBQ Off the Bypass emcee and Red Seal Chef.
- Last year’s Grand Champion and Langley’s own House of Q.
- For more information on BBQ Off the Bypass, please visit the website.
- Save the Date! #BOTB2015 @bbqonthebypass is back Sept 13 w/ finger lickin’ #BBQ samples #Langley bit.ly/1RUPh7t
- Show off your baking skills in #BCBakeOff @bbqonthebypass #BOTB2015 Sept 13 in #Langley. Register: bit.ly/1CSIGUA
- Celebrate 10yrs @bbonthebypass w 30+ #BBQ teams compete to win $10k in #Langley. Who’s the #winner? bit.ly/1RUPh7t